life in the suture zone...

In the earthquake faults between tectonic plates, the suture zone is the in between place where they meet. I find in that a metaphor for the times in which we live... and invite your conversation in the suture zone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States

... a struggling, but mostly joyful, apprentice of Jesus.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

a time for sabbath...

Hey, everyone.

I made a suggestion to a friend recently that he take a Sabbath from all God-talk. It seemed to be making things worse, not better. I don't think that is what God intends.

I think I'm going to take my own advice as well. At least here.

This is a particularly busy time for my work calendar (this is my 11th straight day of work). Even trying to think about posting is keeping me from a more positive mental outlook, and makes me more tired than I already am. And, personally, I have areas arising from this discussion that I need to wrestle with God over.

So, forgiveness, please... I'm going to sign off for a couple of months. (At least until Christmas.)

Thanks to all who frequent this blog. I wish you well. You might want to check back in around Christmas or the first of the year.

Grace and peace,

Owen

3 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

A blogging sabbatical...I hope all is well with you and yours during this time and that you get time to wrestle with God on matters that matter to you and Him.

Grace and peace to you too, Owen.

Malia

12:35 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Now, you could use your blog for fun and silliness ...

8:20 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I might need to do the same thing, especially if I'm going to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Hope to hear from you next year.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home