life in the suture zone...

In the earthquake faults between tectonic plates, the suture zone is the in between place where they meet. I find in that a metaphor for the times in which we live... and invite your conversation in the suture zone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States

... a struggling, but mostly joyful, apprentice of Jesus.

Monday, October 10, 2005

catching up...

I’m still processing this past weekend at the Zoe Conference. We did get back from Nashville okay. I was wondering whether Becca was going to make it back or not. I dropped her off at the airport yesterday morning only to get a somewhat frantic call from her that the ticket I had reserved and paid for was for last Friday, not yesterday. I was stung by the American Airlines website. When I was making the reservations and changed her departure date (before reserving) it reset the return date to 10/7 instead of 10/9. So, no ticket slots available until 5 p.m. today in the same class of what I had ordered. She’s in school and had to get back yesterday. They offered the only thing open – first class seats for either $800 or $1100. I---don’t---think---so! (Shane -- this is what I was doing during early service at Otter Creek. Sorry!)

Anyway, we found a ticket to L.A. on Southwest at a more reasonable price (sorta) and a ticket from L.A. to Fresno (for approximately the same cost as the Southwest trip to L.A. from Nashville!). Only thing was that, once she reached Los Angeles, Southwest Airlines had managed to lose her suitcase. Major trauma! Everything she had of any value in terms of clothing, toiletries, hair stuff AND her MONKEY were in that bag!

Good news, though. She called them this a.m. and found out her bag caught up with her. It’s in Fresno at the airport waiting for her to pick it up tonight.

At least everything worked out... until I get the credit card bill! Oh, well... it's just plastic.

Don’t be surprised if you see a few things on here in the next few days about experiences I had while in Nashville. Like I said above, I’m still processing. Welcome to my process!

Grace and peace,

Owen

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Castle said...

I think I'm still processing some of the hashbrown casserole, myself....

3:47 PM  
Blogger Shane Coffman said...

Oui (as Matthew would say) - I'm sorry Rebecca had such a struggle getting home. We did miss you Sunday am at the Creek, but for all I knew you could have been in the balcony.

Sorry again that we didn't get to process some hashbrown casserole together, Owen and Tim. Definitely next time.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to have you home dear owen and a blessing God got Becca and you through the travel crisis.
I await ever so anxiously to hear from "the process" of your experience with the conference and everyone elses, too!
Wade

6:47 AM  
Blogger CL said...

Owen,
It was great to see you and Rebecca last week. I wish I had had more time to spend with everyone, we got sidetracked on Saturday afternoon with my daughter Hayden and then somebody got sick - that'd be me. So I managed to ruin our Saturday night and Sunday morning, which was supposed to be our highlight - OH such is life. Good to see you again brother! Blessings!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home