life in the suture zone...

In the earthquake faults between tectonic plates, the suture zone is the in between place where they meet. I find in that a metaphor for the times in which we live... and invite your conversation in the suture zone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States

... a struggling, but mostly joyful, apprentice of Jesus.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Word verification for comments

Hi, everybody...

Well, Steven is back in Texas at school now, and Rebecca is heading to Fresno tomorrow. So, you'll probably start seeing a bit more action on my part on this blog in the next week or so.

IMPORTANT

If you comment on this blog, I need to let you know about a new feature. A number of blogs that I a read have begun to receive computer-generated blog spam in their comments section. Blogspot.com has created a word verification process for comments similar to what they have in place to create a blog. It will show a word or series of five or six letters that must be typed into a box prior to your being able to post.

I apologize for having to do this but I found a computer-generated ad-related comment this morning when I checked my blog. With what I've seen with other sites, I thought I should take care of it now. Please let me know if you have problems with it and I'll try to explain how it works in more detail. If you have a blog and this is happening to you, too, I would be glad to direct you to the place in your dashboard where this feature can be turned on.

Thanks for reading...

Owen

2 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

My husband put this feature on his blog and I'm going to do the same. I posted last night and immediately I had 1 comment that was a spam. When I checked again this afternoon there were 3 spam comments! Ugh. A friend of mine calls them blam or blammers.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Yes! I just discovered this too. I think it's a great idea. I suggest everyone turn on this feature.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home