life in the suture zone...

In the earthquake faults between tectonic plates, the suture zone is the in between place where they meet. I find in that a metaphor for the times in which we live... and invite your conversation in the suture zone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States

... a struggling, but mostly joyful, apprentice of Jesus.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

links...

Hey, everyone. I finally added links to the left. Unfortunately, the title typeface is unlike "Recent Posts" and other sidebar titles that came with this template because they are really jpegs that load from the blogblog.com server. I haven't researched whether there is a "Links" jpeg in the same format... I figure if there was the person who created the template would have included it in the template as a possible add on. So this is the way it will look unless I figure out another way to do it.

Anyway, here are my first few links. I've included Larry James' blog at the very top because he does such a good job focusing us on the kinds of things Jesus found important when he was here rather than all the stuff we seem preoccupied with. Zoe Group is the blogsite of Brandon Scott Thomas, the leader of that a cappella group and the worship leader at Otter Creek Church in Nashville. The Ooze and Next-Wave are good sites if you want a taste of what people in the emergent conversation are saying.

I'll be adding other links as time goes on, but this is a start. As I said earlier, if you have suggestions for links, let me know by email (see my profile link above).

Enjoy!

Grace and peace!

Owen

2 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

My friend Tony has the same blogger template that you use and he has a links section in the same font as the recent posts and archives. His URL is http://tonyarnold.blogspot.com, you could try asking him how he got the links font.

I just read through "a trip to the dump" and all I can say is wow. I've often thought the same things. When I visit churches that are not like the one I am a member of, I often have to say a silent, fervernt prayer to God to help me remember that he loves that church too and the people there and that if this way of "doing church" is what works for them, then so be it. It's not my place to judge or criticize or be self-righteous because I think I've got it right, which I don't. "Church" will always be flawed because it is made of flawed humans (kind of redundant). Being loving is of upmost importance, IMHO. The rest will follow.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Owen B. said...

Thanks for the hint, Malia. I went to Tony Arnold's site and copied the location of that particular graphic.

Also, thanks for the comments.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home