life in the suture zone...

In the earthquake faults between tectonic plates, the suture zone is the in between place where they meet. I find in that a metaphor for the times in which we live... and invite your conversation in the suture zone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States

... a struggling, but mostly joyful, apprentice of Jesus.

Monday, September 19, 2005

back to Sacramento...

Well, it was a nice weekend. Short, but nice. For now, it's back to Sacramento for me. It's 5:30 a.m. west coast right now. I leave at 6 and will be staying until Thursday afternoon. While I'm there I hope to visit Cafe Dolce a few times. Who knows what will pop up here as a result?

I hope -- as long as I have connectivity -- to keep posting while I'm there. So check back.

Blessings to you all.

Finally, here's something I posted on an online webforum that I frequent.

Disciple making is about forming people into spiritual apprentices of Jesus. Period. It is learning and imitating the art and rhythms of life a la Jesus. It is experiencing this as holy community in communion with the triune God. It is owning and leading others to own the mission of Jesus, which is to spread the yeast of such a life and kingdom out into the world, changing the world for the better and being a blessing to the people in it. It is about standing for justice and mercy and humility and about seeing and owning as our life purpose what is truly important.

Grace and peace,

Owen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home